Command to execute;}
command to execute;}
Provide reader new insights and knowledge on how they can become better leaders, first to themselves. Apply these insights immediately.
Readers will be able to formulate a daily task list that can help them in their work routine.
Inspire and motivate the participants to have a better sense of well-being, commitment and purpose to their role in community.
- What do you understand by leadership?
- How would you define leadership?
- What do you think are the qualities of a Super Leader?
Purpose of Leadership
- What is the purpose of leadership?
- Why must people lead?
- Can followers also have a leader-like mentality?
- Should followers be able to think like their leader?
What is a Super Leader?
- Someone who cares
- Someone who motivates
- Someone who inspires
- Someone who can help you get to where you need to go
- Someone who can change your life for ever
How do you become a Super Leader?
- Become fully involved and engaged but not become a micro manager
- Be able to delegate that your message is clear, consistent, and concise
- Be able to lead by example, not just words
- Be able to make leaders of your followers
A Super Leader is Super in:
- Caring for each and everyone of his team
- Taking responsibility and ownership
- Motivating People
- Evoking People to Act
- When he loses his center, goes back to it right away
- Making you imagine your best self and best life ever, and actually helping you get there.
- Leading by Serving
- Giving clear goals and objectives, and guidelines on how to achieve them.
Super Leaders Never Make Excuses
- When a follower is at fault, he also takes responsibility and never blames others for his own mistakes or makes excuses for his fault.
- What are the typical excuses you make when you don’t deliver?
- What should a leader in times of problem or crisis?
Leadership is Embodied
- Have you met people who are all talk, no do?
- A true leader walks his talk.
- How he lives is his message.
- How will you live as a leader? Of your home, your community, your job?
Super Leaders are not wishing wells
- A leader is not someone who will give his team all the answers, rather
- A leader is someone who will help navigate his team come up with the best possible solution.
A Super Leader portrays Humility
- His success is never because of him alone but because of his team.
- He will seldom talk about his accomplishments but rather boast the achievements of his team members
Leadership means genuine care
- True leaders care about their team members and not mislead them or give them false expectations.
Leaders Steer Towards the Goal
- Without clear direction, the team will drift nowhere. Maybe somewhere, but not where the goal is.
- A Super Leader not only gets you to the goal, but just like a best and super pilot that makes a perfect landing.
Leaders Ensures Tasks Are Completed
- Time bound
- Maximize allotted time given
- Avoid having to repeat tasks several times, if it can be done once, do it just once
Leaders Taps Your Forte
- A leader is able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of his team members, and is able to capitalize on the strengths of his members.
Leaders set clear expectations and objectives
- Do your homework and make sure you are clear on what needs to happen
- Do your part by taking notes and learning to clarify objectives.
- Ensure that everyone has understood their roles clearly
Super Leaders Learn Something New Everyday
- A Super Leader is someone who never stops learning something new every day.
- One cannot lead if he is not equipped with enough information coming from a wide variety of sources
Recommended additions to daily habits
- Read several pages of a book, magazine, journal or blogs
- Meditate / Pray
- Learn a new skill, language or even musical instrument.
- Learn about something that is totally different from your field of expertise
Being Comfortable with Silence
- Calming the mind, feeling the breath
- This is the best way to go back to your center
- Staying calm in any situation is the best way to respond
- Staying calm does not mean that you don’t have a sense of urgency or the ability to act in an appropriate manner
Super Leaders Build Super Relationships
- At the end of the day, a leader that cannot build strong bonds with his team members will have a very difficult time achieve anything.
- Do you do your work because you fear your boss or because you care about him as he cares about you?
True Respect Is Earned
- A leader never demands respect
- He is respected because he is worthy of respect
- What do you think are the main reasons why you believe that people should respect you? Is it because of stature, money, influence, power?
- Is a leader’s power the reason for respecting him?
Excellence in Leadership
- A Super Leader aims only to achieve the most excellent results, performing in the most excellent way, being the most excellent of all.
- Successful organization core value is EXCELLENCE. It is therefore necessary that leaders perform in utmost excellence.
Commitment to Leadership
- What are a leader’s greatest commitments?
- What things in particular do you believe that your leaders should be committed to?
A Leader’s Daily Routine
- Prayer: Putting God first
- Set directions for the day
- Inspire his people for productive
- Commit to accomplishing the goal
- Work with his team to achieve the goal
- Thank his team for their contribution
- Day’s reflection / How to become even better
- Prayer: Thank God
Leadership Timing Principles
- Between working smart and working hard, it’s better to work smart and get things done versus to work hard but not get things done
- Don’t get caught up in Analysis / Paralysis
- Careful planning saves a lot of time
- Are all the elements, requirements in place? Did we forget anything.
- When everything is in place, JUST DO IT.
- Super Leaders do not wait around for things to happen because they are the ones who make things happen.
- Super Leaders create a path for others to follow in their success because they want everybody around them to succeed as well.
- Super Leaders make everyone around them feel and become Super.
- Super Leaders leave a legacy behind that other will follow.